Borrowing
Things to consider before taking out a mortgage

Things to consider before taking out a mortgage

Are you thinking of buying a property? Whether you are a first home-buyer or looking to invest, there is always something to learn to help you get a better deal.

These four steps will keep you on the right track:

27 Apr 2018 Read More
Borrowing
5 tips for getting your home loan approved the first time

5 tips for getting your home loan approved the first time

  •  
  •  

Are you planning on applying for a home loan? Whether it’s your first time or not, there’s always something you can learn to make the process easier and help you secure the best deal.

These five tips will help you improve your chances of securing a home loan the first time around.

27 Apr 2018 Read More
Borrowing

5 tips for getting your home loan approved the first time

Are you planning on applying for a home loan? Whether it’s your first time or not, there’s always something you can learn to make the process easier and help you secure the best deal.

These five tips will help you improve your chances of securing a home loan the first time around.

27 Jun 2017 Read More
Borrowing

5 things you need to know about equity – Michael Sloan

Equity. It’s a term often bandied about but many people are confused by what it actually means. In investment terms, in its more basic form equity is the difference between the current value of your property and the loan you have against it.

But there are a few more pieces to the equity puzzle. To help you work out how much equity you actually have available, let’s take an easy example. Say your current property is valued at $500,000 but you still owe the bank $200,000. In theory, you then have $300,000 worth of equity. But you can’t use it all; the bank is usually only willing to lend you 80% of the value of the property. This leaves them a 20% buffer to protect their interests’ in the event something goes wrong. So in this example, you have $200,000 of available equity

19 May 2017 Read More
Borrowing

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Debt

As the saying goes, there are three types of debt that you can incur – good debt, bad debt, and the truly unspeakably ugly debt. Yes, there IS such a thing as good debt, and distinguishing between them is critical to your financial future.

24 Apr 2015 Read More